Banner

Add Reply
New Poll

Patch Notes, Noctis Equestris 0.6.9
Star Catcher
 Posted: Feb 20 2016, 10:27 AM

Canon Lesbian Mare
Group: Admin
Location: With a geiger counter in my hand~ Goin' out to stake me some government land~

So, one of the big things we wanted to do with the cbox was give people a means to communicate with others currently online, through means other than Skype. Another function of the Cbox was trying to find something to do with the blank space to the right side of the screen.

With this, however, came some problems.

Chatbox
And how to keep it from ruining the webpage.

Because of issues with computer resolution (computers scale the screen differently) we couldn't exactly hard-code the cbox dimensions to a "one-size-fits-all". What looks fine on my screen, for instance, may take up half of someone else's screen - whereas what looks fine on their screen may be a jumbled mess of compressed pixels on my end.

Now, while neither I nor LunaRegina are web-page designers by any means (though it's something I wouldn't mind getting into after I'm finished with my programming courses), if there was an issue that was actively preventing people from being able to view the site, it had to be fixed as soon as possible. While this may not fix the scaling issue, this will at least make it so that people can hide the cbox as they please.

CHAT ON, CHAT OFF:Toggle Button implemented.
On a side note, the text itself toggles the chatbox. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make a button out of it.

QUICK EDIT: So it's come to my attention that even with the toggle option, the cbox, when hidden, still cuts off the page (since there's a box on the right side of the screen). I'll see what I can do about fixing it, but for now, zooming out should fix the issue. If there are any more problems, let me know.

EDIT: Okay. The *actual* issue was the use of a static absolute width on the sidebars versus a scaling percentage. Hopefully it has been dealt with, but in the meantime feel free to let me know if you're still having issues.

--------------------
user posted image
-------------------------
~ C o n s i d e r i t d o n e ~
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN CREATED BY SIMI OF RPG-D & SIDEBAR CREATED BY REVO OF RPG-D BANNER ARTWORK SAMBANEKO